Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Summer

I’m back. When I started my blog I thought it would be easy to make numerous posts. It is, but it takes discipline to actually keep up with them. Here is a little information about since my last post.

There was money left from the grant, so we went on a field trip to The Bookies to spend it. Each book club member got $25.00 to spend on books. It was fun to watch them pick. They read back of covers, asked questions and narrowed choices. They really wanted to choose the correct books. It was a wonderful afternoon.

My principal asked if I would continue the Guys read Book Club during the summer. A few parents had approached her to see if I would be willing to do it. We meet once a week at the local park. It is great park in the shadow of a historical building. The first book for the summer was Here Be Monsters by Alan Snow. Ethan enjoyed the humor. All year long at least one boy spilled, but once we went outside NO ONE spilled. BOYS!

No comments: