Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies


I have never read Jane Austen, but I have seen many movies based on her books. I laughed when I read about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. When I finally ordered the book it the back was backordered. It hadn’t, even, been released. It shows that early blog press can drive book sales. My copy finally came in during the chaos of end of year stuff! I put it on the top of my summer reading stack.

Reading is a very private activity, so when I decided to read it on the plane to Scotland I knew there would be comments. I mean really who can’t comment on the cover? I enjoyed the book, but wished there was a bit more zombies. There is a great “chic fight" between Elizabeth and Lady Catherine.








It is definitely not a book for the average Jane Austen fan or third graders, but I do have a couple of guys that will enjoy the challenge of reading a classic with a zombie twist.

Happy Summer!

No comments: