Thursday, March 26, 2009

Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight


Recently Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight was reviewed on A Year of Reading. As usual their reviews make me want new books. Well, I did get a chance to read it as well. For full disclosure I must admit that I love Westies. Eric Wight’s illustrations of Argyle are incredible. He captures every mood of the stubborn Westie.

I have an idea for a follow up with the kid with the world’s most amazing imagination. Frankie Pickle imagines Argyle is a dog that listens (not just when he wants to), that can go on a walk without a lead, comes when he is called, and does not look at Frankie with looks of contempt. Wait, that’s not a Westie that’s a Golden. What fun is having a Westie without the cute and the stubborn?

3 comments:

Mary Lee said...

I, too, love Westies. Someday I hope to have a pair.

Carol said...

Hey, what's wrong with goldens?!!! They are gentle sweet, and loyal. And much smarter than lab/rottweiler mixes!

Eric Wight said...

A Westie that can walk without a lead or come when called? That would be a great fantasy novel!